Samsung has started rolling out a new firmware update for the Galaxy Note that brings with it some new features and UI updates. The XLRQ firmware update brings with it some UI updates that Samsung had originally introduced in the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note 2. The app drawer has received a make over in the update and now sports a similar UI as the Galaxy S III. The Gallery app from the Galaxy S III/Galaxy Note has also been added with this update
The Gallery app has also been updated to sport a new 3D look as on the Galaxy Note II. The whole unofficial change-log of the new LRQ firmware update from XDA member garytube can be found below -:
- new launcher (like the Galaxy S3)
– new gallery with fancy 3D effects
– new contact list
– pop-up video can now be resized
– slightly changed contact list layout
– you can now save contacts in the S-Clound (like google contacts)
– performance improved!
– added S-Cloud (there is no dedicated App but after flashing you will be asked if you want to sycn all your settings with samsung)
– added new motion: call contact currently displayed if you raise the phone
– added bloatware (NTV, Lieferheld, ChatOn, myTaxi)
– black clipping not fixed
The Android 4.0.4 update for the Galaxy Note had also brought some new features with it including the ability to unlock the device using a custom signature via S-Pen. While it is nice to see Samsung adding new features to the Galaxy Note from time to time, the Korean company has completely ignored the Galaxy S2. The handset has not received any new software features from Samsung ever since it was originally launched, while the Galaxy Note has got two such major updates from Samsung.
Samsung is slowly rolling out this update via KIES and OTA, and as of now the firmware update is only available in Germany.
Via – SamMobile