We already knew that Firefox for Android was expected to get a huge update. Last week, Mozilla has teased us about the upcoming update on Twitter. Now, the company went ahead and launched the latest version of its popular browser, Firefox for Android v14.0. Mozilla has been beta testing Firefox for Android for the last few months. Now, the company has finally moved this browser out of the beta status.
Mozilla claims that Firefox for Android is significantly faster than the stock browser that ships on Android smartphones. The latest update brings significant performance improvements, personalized start page, faster start-up, better text readability and much more. It also supports Adobe Flash, which allows you to check out your favorite videos on the go. The most notable feature of this update is its re-designed UI and a new personalized start page. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Faster start-up and page load times.
- Support for Adobe Flash.
- Significant performance advancements.
- The user interface has been completely re-designed with a new Awesome Screen.
- New personalized Start Page with top sites and tabs from last time.
- Better text readability through font size inflation.
- Tap-to-play is default for plugins.
- Google searches now utilize HTTPS.
- New panning/zooming architecture implemented for better touch responsiveness.
- Updated minimum system requirements to Android 2.2+ for optimized experience.
Apart from these amazing features, the new Firefox comes with enhanced privacy options with features such as Do Not Track, Master Password, HTTP Strict Transport Security and more. The Firefox for Android also allows you to synchronize bookmarks, passwords, history and open tabs from all of your other devices.
If you have previously used the Firefox on your Android device, then I’m sure, you might have been disappointed with the poor memory management and lack of flash in the browser. However, the latest version is definitely worth a try. To download the new Firefox for Android, search “Firefox” on the Google Play Store or head over to this page.