A key reason for any service to be successful on any platform is that it must have a beautiful app. Evernote is a very popular note taking service that needs no introduction. The developers of the official Evernote application for Android keep updating the app from time to time to add new features, to adhere to updated Android design guidelines, to add support for new OS features etc. The latest update of the official Evernote for Android app brings with it support for expanded notifications introduced by Google in Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Post the update, Evernote users will be able to share or view the snippet of the their latest note right from their notification bar in Jelly Bean. Apart from the expanded notifications, the update also brings performance improvements and general stability and bug fixes.
Below is the full change-log of the update -:
Notifications improvement [Jelly Bean only]
– Displays thumbnails and text snippets
– Share and edit the note from the notification
– Groups similar notifications
– User interface refinements
– Notes containing images load faster
– Faster notebook scrolling
Numerous bug fixes
Besides Evernote for Android, another popular Reddit client for Android — BaconReader — got a major update. The new update brings with it a totally revamped UI which is based on the Holo theme, a new dark theme and an optimised layout for 7-inch tablets.
The whole change-log of the update can be found below -:
* New, crisp design with easier navigation and more sorting options
* New “Welcome Guide” to introduce new features and welcome new redditors
* Access to subreddit sidebar with subreddit long-press
* Subscribe to presented subreddits
* Support for spoiler alerts
* Dark theme for large, half screen widget
* Images formatted to custom fit to your device
* Domain and keyword filters
The update is already live in the Play Store and new users can try out the free version of the app before purchasing the paid version of BaconReader.