The Dropbox team recently released a new version of their BlackBerry application. Dropbox for BlackBerry, which was launched a few months back has been updated and a new version is available for download.
The new version is numbered 1.0.34 and it comes with some fixes and improvements. You can download the latest version of Dropbox for Blackberry from the Dropbox Blackberry Forum. Check out the complete changelog below.
- saving non-ascii texts results in garbled text
- handling of edge cases when running out of space on sd card and in device memory
- open-edit-upload usecase wasn’t working for devices with encryption enabled
- share link freezes for some users
- open-edit-upload usecase fails for files with non-ascii filenames
- “would you like to allow logging” dialog shouldn’t appear on first launch
- on rotatable devices, in image gallery, the displayed/cached image is smaller than screen size (shouldn’t happen)
- app should ask for permissions in advance on first launch
- app should support multiple third-party app associations for a given file type (e.g multiple pdf viewers)
- music/video stops when screen fades out
- user gets a “not enough room to write file” message when trying to open a file that’s already open in docs2go
Dropbox for Blackberry app is available for all BlackBerry smartphones running under the BlackBerry OS 4.5 or higher. If you’d like to leave feedback for version 1.0.34, headover to this Dropbox forums thread.