Back in September, Motorola announced the mid-range Droid Razr M, along with the Droid Razr HD and Droid Razr HD Maxx. These handsets were exclusively available for the Verizon subscribers in the US. Droid Razr M comes with a 4.3 inch qHD display, 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, 8 megapixel camera, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, 4G connectivity and much more.
Sadly, this handset was shipped with the old Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating System. Motorola has already promised to roll out the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update before the end of this year. Now, it seems that the manufacturer has fulfilled its promise 50 days in advance. Verizon has finally started rolling out the Android 4.1 update for the Droid Razr M smartphones. It comes with the usual Jelly Bean goodies such as Google Now, enhanced notification panel that displays missed calls and emails, voice search, smart keyboard and more. Check out the complete changelog below.
Jelly Bean Enhancements:
- Personalize your home screen easily by placing widgets directly on the screen.
- More reactive and uniform touch responses, so you can move between home screens with more intuitive graphics and smoother transitions.
- Widgets now resize automatically when they are too big.
- Circles widget has been updated to enable instant updating.
- Improved voice and data connectivity quality, reducing instances of losing 3G and 4G services.
- Reduced time needed to access GPS signal.
- Contacts sync more often, eliminating the need to wait for manual or nighttime sync.
- Improvements to Setup Wizard UI makes the email setup experience more user friendly.
- Native calendar settings have been improved for better user experience.
- Improved Mobile Hotspot data connectivity.
- Improved reliability and connectivity of Back Up Assistant Plus & Visual Voicemail.
- Verizon Remote Diagnostics has been updated.
- New QuickOffice version has been integrated.
- New VZ Navigator application addresses several stability issues.
- Video Calling Portal App have been added.
- Integrated new VZWAPPs Version.
- Color Application had been removed.
- Device now includes support for the Isis Mobile Wallet.
- Improved connectivity when using Wi-Fi.
- Multimedia Messaging delivery has been improved.
- Improved Bluetooth Connectivity.
The latest update is numbered 98.12.4.XT907 and it can be easily downloaded via OTA (Over-The-Air). You should make sure that your device is not rooted and has at least 50% or more battery before updating the device. It is advised to backup all your data before updating the Droid Razr M smartphone. To learn more, head over to this page.