Everybody loves Falcon Pro, but sadly Twitter is a bit jealous of that and hence has made the app’s and developer’s life miserable. When Falcon Pro was first released, it quickly became one of the most popular third-party Twitter app offering sleek design and brilliant features.
With Twitter API token limited to 100,000, the developer had to reset the API tokens after having reached the limit. Unfortunately, the API token limit hit again after the reset and Twitter had to shut down the app, which lead the developer, Joaquim Verges, pull it down from Google Play Store.
Go ahead and download the Falcon Pro v2.0.4 apk now!
After you install the app, you’ll be asked to login to Twitter. If you already own a token, there’ll be no problem signing in. That way, existing users can still get updates and enjoy the app. However, users are complaining that even though they have a token they still are not able to login.
Thankfully the developer decided to leave behind a little trick (hidden feature) which allows users with (or without) a valid token to login by allowing them to enter their own API using Twitter’s developer program.
Follow the steps below to login via the API access method to get start using Falcon Pro again:
Download Falcon Pro’s APK from http://getfalcon.pro, and install it on your device. (If you have the older version installed, then consider removing it)
- Now, open Falcon Pro and you’ll be taken to the login screen. Tap the three corners (they light up when you touch them). That is, tap on the top left, top right, bottom right of the app.
- Then, shake your device, after which you’ll get a message saying “Custom Login unlocked!”. Press OK, tap on “Custom login,” keep this screen open.
- Visit http://dev.twitter.com from your device or your computer’s browser and login with your Twitter accounts.
- On the top right, select “My applications” from the drop-down menu and click on “Create a new application. If you already have an app create, then jump to step 7
- Enter the name, website, and callback URL in the fields provided. You can enter any URL even if it doesn’t exist, but make sure the format is correct, like http://example.com (the http:// part is necessary)
- Enter the CAPTCHA and agree to the terms and conditions and click on “Create your Twitter application.”
- Open the Settings tab of the app and select “Read, Write and Access direct messages” under the Application Type. Just below that, enable the “Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter” option by ticking the check box. Then, hit the “Update this Twitter application’s settings” button.
- Switch back to the Details tab, and copy the Consumer key and Consumer Secret (case sensitive) to the login screen in Falcon Pro and enter it in the respective fields. Tap the Save button and then tap on “login into Twitter” option.
- Verify the app and grant access to your Twitter account. And you’re done. Enjoy the app.