Changing the camera’s sound in N900 is quite easy. All system sounds are stored in usr/share/sound. Just follow the following simple steps to do so:
- Root your N900 if you have not already. Just download rootsh from application manager.
- Connect to N900 using any FTP client (like Filezilla or WinSCP) over WiFi.
- Go to usr/share/sound
- Replace camera_snd_title_1 by any new sound file (the format doesn’t matter). It’s the camera’s shutter sound
- Replace camera_snd_title_2. It’s the video recording sound
- Replace camera_snd_title_3. It’s the camera’s focus sound
- Disconnect and restart your phone
That’s it. This will change your phone’s camera sounds to the new sound files. If you want a silent camera, just rename or delete the files instead of adding new ones.