George Hotz will be releasing Blacksn0w and Blackra1n RC3 on November 3rd instead of November 4th. For those who are unaware what this is, here is a bit of head up. Blacksn0w is the unlock tool for the latest 05.11.07 baseband. It will enable official tethering on your iPhone. Blackra1n is a jailbreak for firmware version 3.1.2 and it has been updated to RC3.
RC3 will come packed with features like:
- hacktivation support
- 15-second speed enhancement
- Tiger+PPC support
- installation of the Blackra1n app
For those who haven’t done this before, this time GeoHot has made it even more simpler for you. Here is a simple guide for it:
- Head on to blackra1n.com and download the installer by click on the logo corresponding to your operating system.
- Run the installer. You will find a screen popup with following screenshot.
- Make sure you connect your iPhone to your PC/MAC before clicking on make it ra1n.
- When you click your make it ra1n, your Phone will reboot itself. You will now see blackra1n.app
- Run blackra1n.app and install blacksn0w.
- Please enjoy your unlocked iPhone.
If you haven’t deleted Blackra1n app from your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Run the Blackra1n.app.
- You will see Icy replaced by an option “ra1n”.
- Install ra1n to upgrade.
- Once you have upgraded, again run the blackra1n.app.
- Now, you will find an option for “sn0w”.
- Install “sn0w” and enjoy your unlocked iPhone.
P.S: Do not use this if you are on iPhone 2G