Research In Motion (RIM) has released the 7th version of its popular messaging app – BBM – on the BlackBerry App World. The new version of the app brings with it quite a few changes, including the ability to initiate a voice call to all your BBM contacts over Wi-Fi or 3G.
Other new features include new emoticons, improved notification and overall improved stability. Below is the official change-log of the update -:
- BBM upgrade notifications – BBM will notify you when there are updates to download straight from within the app
- BBID Synchronization – your BBM profile, Groups and Contacts are linked to your BlackBerry ID
- 16 Additional emoticons – even more choice for those times when words just aren’t enough. Can you spot the new ones? *Drool*
- Multi-tasking with Split-screen feature – Customers can do more while they talk, such as check other BBM text chats, check email, or navigate to other apps while engaged on a BBM Voice call. They can start a call in an instant, and switch between texting and talking, or text and talk at the same time. They can also for example, send a picture to a contact while they are talking with them.
- Clear Visual Indicator – Customers can see when contacts are available for a voice call.
- Convenient Compatibility with Accessories – Customers can use their favorite accessories, such as a Bluetooth or wired headset, or use the BlackBerry smartphone’s speakerphone.
The update is already available in the BlackBerry App World for all BB owners to enjoy.