I, personally, was very much vexed with the way Symbians handle messages. Moving them from phone to mem cards is a very lengthy and boring process. Here is an easy way to do the same without using your PC.
- Open up any file manager like Xplore or FExplorer
- Go to E:\Private on your memory card
- Look for a folder named something like 1000484b.
- Inside it, you’ll find another folder named Mail/Mail2
- Copy the 1st folder(one named 1000484b) to C:\Private
This will put all your messages in your phone memory. Do the reverse (move the files from C:\ to E:\) to move messages from phone to memory.
S60V2 users should note thet the messages are saved in E:\System\Mail.