Last year, AT&T launched the powerful Motorola Atrix smartphone. This handset runs on the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS. AT&T recently rolled out a new software update for the Motorola Atrix smartphone. Before you get too excited, let me tell you that, it is not the much-awaited Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) update. The AT&T Motorola Atrix is expected to get the Android 4.0 update during the Q3 of 2012.
The latest update is numbered 4.5.141 and it provides enhancements for better entertainment experience, greater device security and improved operational system performance. Check out the complete changelog after the break.
- Security – Implemented latest Google Android security fixes
- Stability – Improvements to memory function as it relates to media applications and ability to prevent need for re-booting when phone is impacted by heavy loading or high temperatures
- Bluetooth – Enhancement which allows you to launch voice command from bluetooth enabled headset when phone is asleep
- Wi-Fi – Improvements to Wi-Fi settings to deliver better overall consumer experience as well as to make it easier to use Mobile Hotspot with your phone
- Messaging – Improvements to text messaging capability to deliver better user experience
- Contacts – Improvements are made to maintain all phone book contacts after the OTA upgrade
This upgrade can only be downloaded over a Wi-Fi network. You will be automatically notified when the update is available for your device. If you still haven’t received the update, go to settings and check for the update. To learn more, head over to this page at Motorola.