Asus has started rolling out an OTA update for its phone than can transform into a tablet, which can then be transformed into an Ice Cream Sandwich running laptop – the Padfone. The new software update (v184.108.40.206) brings with it a number of bug-fixes and enhancements, along with a minor bump in the Android version to 4.0.4.
The OTA update does bring some notable improvements like the support for 64GB microSD cards, improved battery life, better stability and performance, better camera performance/quality and much more. Below is the full change-log of the update -:
- System upgrade to Android 4.0.4
- Elevate system stability and optimize the operating performance
- Optimize Dynamic Display Switch (DDS) performance
- Optimize power consumption
- Optimize Camera performance and quality
- Message / Email edit function improvement
- Group Edit
- Email update frequency, “peak time” and “Off peak time” setting feature added.
- Optimize Input method
- SD card support to 64GB
- Super Note function added
- Reset the password
- Hand Writing Recognition Speed
- Device tracking and data protection support.
- Register and Setting of Device Tracker (http://devicetracker.asus.com/select_lang.action)
Padfone owners can either manually pull the OTA update from under Settings -> About -> System Firmware Update -> Check Update or by manually downloading and installing the firmware from Asus website.
Via – Android Police