It’s been a busy day for the folks at Apple at the WWDC conference and one of the biggest news that was already rumored for past few days has finally become a reality.
Apple has finally released a cheaper version of iPhone in US and other markets which will be available for $199 for the 8GB version and
$2999 $299 for the 16GB version.
The new features in the 3G iPhone include faster browsing, longer standby and talktime, GPS and more. Other features and notes about iPhone 3G version.
- It’s a teensy bit thicker.
- A SIM ejector comes in the box, at last.
- There’s no dock included, just a USB power adapter.
- On AT&T unlimited iPhone 3G data plans for consumers will be available for $30 a month, on top of voice plans starting at $39.99 a month. Unlimited 3G data for business users will be $45 a month, on top of voice.
- Apple’s new MobileMe service will be coming with the iPhone 2.0 software, bringing push email and contacts for all.
The newer iPhone versions will start hitting US and other European and Asian markets starting July 11th.
I guess the wait was worth for me and I will end up paying almost $300 than the first version, I guess its always better to wait for sometime before plunging into a newer product :)
For more such products and other announcements check out Engadget.com.