Good lord is it late to get a gift to your father/brother/boyfriend/husband/your-neighbor-you-have-your-eyes-upon. It is very late and you are frantically looking for a gift that ships to you in a couple of days so that you can flash a ginger smile and tell them that it is a combined Christmas, Boxing and New Years’ gift. Perfect timing, yes? Except you do not know what kind of a gift would be suitable for them. Here’s a small list of gifts that are stereotypical for males (although many of these are gender-unspecific so you can also shop for your female acquaintances right here):-
- Hard Graft Pocket Phone Case: There is no dearth of phone cases. But there is a dearth of classy phone cases that also double up as money holders.
The Pocket Phone Case (subtitled Authentically European) is the epitome of style and class that goes well with that evening of good Scotch and jazz that takes you places.
- Audio Technica ATH M50: These excellent studio monitoring headphones are the perfect mix of comfort, quality and price. For $160 the sound quality that comes out of these phones are unbeatable. For that music junkie giftee of yours, this is the best you can buy.
- BlackRapid RS7 Camera Strap: Conventional DSLR camera straps are rather ill suited for the actual process of taking a photograph, since your camera rests with its back against your body. This is irritating especially when you have a long zoom lens attached to it.
The BlackRapid RS7 camera strap eliminates that discomfort by attaching to the bottom of your camera, making it rest comfortably against your body and reducing the pain of carrying a huge camera.
- Livescribe Smartpen Echo: This is a neat gift. The Livescribe Echo is a smartpen; a pen that is capable of recording what has been written and said and with the help of a special program can download your entire notes and audio for later reading and revision.
It is actually as slick and futuristic as it looks. It comes in various versions (2GB, 4GB and 8GB) along with replaceable tips and Echo-specific notebooks.
- Star Trek Cuff Links: Shopping for a Trekkie who moonlights as a businessman? Fear not, we have that covered as well. The Star Trek cuff links come in rhodium plated USS Enterprise replicas as well as the Star Trek: TOS communicator versions.
Geeky and made for businessmen? Hell yes!
- GP2X Caanoo: Now here‘s something suited for the retro gamer. A linux-based handheld that emulates all the lovely games from a bygone era.
(Automatic sepia toning of flashbacks not included)
So what did you get this holiday-time for your friends? Tell us in the comments!