Among the several announcements regarding the Xbox platform made during Microsoft’s CES 2010 keynote, a feature called Game Room was introduced. Game Room is a new option available on Xbox Live & Games for Windows Live that enables you to play old arcade classics on your Windows PC or the Xbox 360. Following are the prices & in-game specifications for Game Room:
Game Room content will be available in the Xbox Live Games Marketplace for Xbox 360 users & in the Games for Windows Live desktop client for Windows users.
Once you have the Game Room client free download you can obtain the games in exchange for Microsoft Points:
- 400 Microsoft Points: buy once and play on both platforms – Xbox 360 and a Windows PC.
- 240 Microsoft Points: buy to play on anyone platform either the Xbox 360 or a Windows PC.
- 40 Microsoft Points: play a single game only once.
$1 = 80 Microsoft Points or $0.01 = 1 Microsoft Point. Points can be purchased from the Xbox or Zune Marketplace. Microsoft also gives you the option to visit a friend’s Game Room, try out the games your friend is playing for free and then buy them if you wish to.
- One or two players
- HDTV 1080p
- In-game Dolby Digital
- Voice chat
- Avatar support
- Online multiplayer (for Xbox LIVE Gold members only)
- Cross-platform leader boards
- Cross-platform Achievements