Initial downloads of Windows 7 RTM will be available from both Microsoft Connect and MSDN. The initial release will be in English, however other languages will be made available starting October 1st.
If you are end-user customer you will be able to buy retail copies of Windows 7 starting October 22nd, pre-orders should also be delivered somewhere around the same time.
In addition to this they have also confirmed a family packof Windows 7 Home Premium. The family pack can be installed on up to 3 PCs, however it will only be available in select markets, so don’t hold high hopes yet.
How much will it cost? Check out our Windows 7 Pricing to get detailed pricing information.
Windows 7 RTM Release Dates
- ISV (Independent software vendor) and IHV (Independent hardware vendor) Partners will be able to download Windows 7 RTM from Microsoft Connect or MSDN on August 6th.
- Microsoft Partner Program Gold/Certified Members will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English through the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) Portal on August 16th.
- Microsoft Action Pack Subscribers will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English starting August 23rd.
- OEMs will receive Windows 7 RTM software images beginning approximately 2 days after the official RTM is released.
- Volume License (VL) customer with an existing Software Assurance (SA) license you will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English starting August 7th via the Volume License Service Center (VLSC).
- IT Professionals with TechNet Subscriptions will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English on August 6th.
- Developers with MSDN Subscriptions will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English on August 6th.
Are you going to go ahead and get a copy of Windows 7? Do let us know about it.