The Nokia Lumia 900 is a pretty beautiful device which is set to become the most heavily advertised phone since the iPhone. However, there’s one annoying bug that some users are reporting on Nokia’s forums and WPCentral’s forums which impacts the device’s 3G/4G connectivity. While we aren’t entirely sure about what’s causing this issue, it seems that it may be triggered by cutting off the data connection at any point (such as by triggering airplane mode.)
Nokia and WPCentral forum participant goeman said that following these steps fixed his issue:
- Remove the SIM card and leave the SIM card out for the next three steps.
- Perform a Master Reset (Settings > About).
- Let the product boot up without a SIM card.
- Turn off the device.
- Verify that the SIM card is LTE enabled.
- Insert SIM card and boot up.