Mac computers and photography go hand in hand these days via a mixture of media enabling devices, such as memory card slots, USB ports, and more. The media connections and media themselves can be problematic at times, causing loss of photographic, audio and video that end up requiring the use of Mac photo recovery software. Using such software is quite easy as most of the work to hunt down lost media files is done for you. You then would select the files you want to be recovered and perhaps even preview them first.
When you know media files have been lost, the good news is that they are not likely permanently lost. You see your Mac’s hard disk will not overwrite the location of a previously existing file until another file of similar size is created to take its place. While the time line for that is not clear, it is best to get on with Mac photo recovery software the earliest you can in order to stack the odds your way that you will in fact recover media files of interest.
Photo data is lost for any of the following reasons:
- Accidental removal of media files from the source device (camera, iPod, iPad, iPhone).
- Accidental formatting of SD, MMC and other memory cards.
- File System corruption from the memory card.
- Anomalous error while the camera is turned off.
- Mishandling of memory card.
- Memory card errors during connection attempts with your Mac computer.
- Data or device corruption that renders the storage device unreadable.
For best photo recovery results from data loss, take the following precautions:
- Turn off your camera, remove the memory card, handle it carefully to its storage location.
- Secure your memory card in a dust and moisture-free environment at room temperature
- Do not capture any new pictures to avoid overwriting your lost photo files.
Professional Mac photo recovery software includes capabilities to recover specific image files such as RAW and TIFF. The program also includes a wide range of file formats for recovery searches. File formats should include common video and music formats in addition to digital photograph file formats.
One of the best ways to know if a particular Mac photo recovery software will work for you is to test drive it. There are many programs that allow an evaluation version to be tried to see that it will work for you. Programs such as mac photo recovery and Disk Doctor’s Mac photo recovery software are two of the prominent ones that come to mind with robust features and search utilities.
Guest post by Barbara Collins, a freelance guest writer. Main areas of interest are software, web-applications and music.