If you are addicted to Facebook, MySpace, Orkut, Digg or even to checking your email, KeepMeOut can help. The tool is designed to send you a warning if you try to go to these websites more often than you should.
This is how it works:
- Simply go to KeepMeOut.com and specify the website that you are addicted to.
- You also need to set a time gap between two visits to the same site.
- Once you click submit, you will be provided with a link.
- Set this link as a bookmark in your browser.
- Now if you try go to the website again, before the time gap is over, you’ll get a warning.
KeepMeOut works by making it slightly more inconvenient for you to go the same websites again and again. Combined this with good will power and you can keep your self out of that website you have been addicted to. Remember that if you are addicted to Gmail, you can also use the Gmail labs feature of Take a Break to get away from Gmail for a bit.