Do you tweet a lot of links all day long ?
Ever wondered whether there is any service which can automatically bookmark your Tweets that contain links?
Enter Packrati.us - a brilliant web service which makes bookmarking tweets as easy as child’s play. Using Packrati.us, you can bookmark all of your Tweets that contain links, can convert Twitter hashtags to Delicious tags and label a unique Delicious tag to each tweet. Everything on Autopilot.
How To Bookmark Tweets That Contain Links In Your Delicious Account ?
Following are the steps involved to get started with Packrati.us and connecting the service with your Delicious account:
1. Head over to the Packrati.us homepage, and sign in with your Twitter account. After you have granted permissions, you will be asked to enter an email address where the service can send you future notifications.
2. Enter your email address and hit “Save and Continue”. Fall back to your email inbox and click the verification link to continue to the next step.
3. Now you will be asked to connect your Delicious accounts with Packarti.us. There are two types of Delicious accounts – the independent Delicious account and the older Delicious, which works with a valid Yahoo ID.
Make sure you choose the correct type of Delicious account or else the service won’t be able to bookmark the tweets. As for me, I have a yahoo linked Delicioius account, hence I chose the first option.
4. On the next page, hit the “Authorize” button.
5. All done, now you will be redirected to the Packarti.us page where you can tweak certain options as shown underneath:
There are basically 5 options which you may configure:
- Expand URLs: Selecting this checkbox will automatically expand all the shortened links embedded in your tweet and post it to your Delicious account.
- Replace Bookmarks: Self explanatory, selecting this checkbox will automatically remove the duplicate bookmarks from your Delicious account.
- Convert Hashtags: This setting takes care of whether you want to convert Twitter hash tags to Delicious tags or not.
- Remove These Tags: If you use a lot of hash tagged tweets, you may define some of the hash tags to be ignored by the Packarti.us service.
- Add A particular tag: You may define a particular tag in this text box to make sure each link that that is sent via Packarti is accessible through that particular bookmark tag.
All done, but don’t forget to hit that “Save” button once you are done with the settings.
Now you can continue using Twitter and Delicious as before. Any of your tweets which contain a link will be autosaved as a bookmark in your Delicious account.
Techie Buzz Verdict
Using Packrati.us, I can automatically bookmark and archive all the links which I tweet everyday. Later I can simply export the bookmarks from Delicious and import it in Google Bookmarks or to my preferred browser.
Techie Buzz rating: 5/5 (Perfect).