Computers that are manufactured nowadays usually come with a large hard disk which provides the user with the ability to store many files on it. However if you are using a desktop PC, you cannot keep your files with you from place to place since desktop PCs lack portability. You may opt for buying an external hard disk drive or a laptop to increase portability. But this option only increases the number of things you have to carry from place to place. There is another way by which users may use to increase portability of their files, especially with increased internet speeds. You can increase your portability by storing files online.
Before choosing a file storage service online, you should check if it is secure and your files will not easily be accessible by unauthorized users. Therefore the service should have an encrypted transmission channel so as to prevent your files from being stolen. You should also check if the file storage service offers automatic synchronizing services especially if your internet connection is lost. You should also check the bandwidth the file storage service requires when you are connected to their servers. If it requires large bandwidth, you won’t be able to use their services at places with weak internet connectivity.
The 5 best ways to keep your documents online are:
1. DropBox: one of its best features is that it allows storage and synchronization of files automatically when you are reconnected to the internet. It also allows mobile access.
2. Boxnet: allows users to arrange their files in an explorer like file structure. One of the best features is that it allows users to share files online using direct links.
3. Mozy: this file sharing website is known for its easy to use interface and allows the backup of many files of different formats on their servers.
4. ADrive : allows users to access their files from anywhere in the world with their cloud service which only requires an internet connection.
5. Elephant drive : this is the service to choose when you want your files to be highly encrypted for better security. They offer different levels of encryption at different prices.
People and businessmen who travel a lot and need a place to store their files are always advised to choose online file storage tools. Other tools are also available online for file storage and online document editing.
==== About the Author ====
Natasha is writer and blogger, tech lover, interested in various technology and internet topics, currently exploring cloud computing technology, cloud storage and virtual private servers.