Tata Teleservices and Acer India today announced the launch of a next-generation Netbook in India, the Acer Aspire One AOD 260. This device is embedded with Tata Photon Plus, which offers high-speed Internet access for connectivity on the go. The Aspire One AOD 260 netbook is packed with powerful features and performance capabilities, to boost productivity and enhance the mobile computing experience. Check out the complete specs below.
“Ever since the launch of netbooks in India, the market has been displaying tremendous growth for mobile computing devices. Acer, known to break new ground in launching fresh technology, has yet again brought a consumer friendly netbook AspireOne D260 which provides embedded broadband connectivity at ease. With this launch, we will be in a position to adapt to the ever changing needs of our consumers. Acer’s embedded broadband netbook with a multitude of attendant benefits like longer battery-life, convenience, tighter integration, security and lower TCO will surely be a great welcome in the marketplace. This smooth and slender lightweight netbook is a great solution for Internet mobility,said Mr. S.Rajendran, Chief Marketing Officer, Acer India.
- 10.1 inch high-brightness TFT display
- 1024 x 600 pixels resolution
- Genuine Windows 7 Starter or Windows XP Home Edition
- Intel ® Atomâ„¢ Processor N450
- 1.83GHz Intel Atom Processor N475
- 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
- 250GB hard drive, 5400RPM
- Multi-in-one card reader
- Support for simultaneous display on external monitor
- Two integrated stereo speakers
- Integrated digital microphone
- Headphones/speakers/line-out and microphone ports
- Three USB 2.0 Ports
- Acer Crystal Eye
- Acer ePower Management
- Acer eRecovery Management
- McAfee Internet Security Suite (trial version)
- Microsoft Office (60-day trial)
- Norton Online Backup
- Weight – 1.25kg with six-cell battery
Aspire One AOD 260 will be available only in Delhi and Mumbai in the initial launch phase. It comes with a price tag of Rs.17,999. To learn more, head over to this page.