TATA Docomo has always brought in many firsts to its customers in India. Be it the 1p/sec tariff or the innovative group plans, Tata Docomo has always been a game changer. They are the first private telecom operator to launch 3G in India for the masses and have once again proved their worth with their very competitive and affordable 3G Tariffs.
Tata DoCoMo launched 3G services as promised on Diwali (5th November) in nine circles: Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra (does not include Mumbai), Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Madhya-Pradesh-Chhattisgarh and UP (west).
Here is a summary of the available Tariff Plans for Tata Docomo 3G:
- Effectively 3G tariffs are between 0.66-1.1 paisa a second for a voice call for any 3G plan.
- Plans start at Rs 500 and go upto Rs 2,000 for a month for 3G services. Users will also get between 250 MB (enough to watch 3 hours of TV) and 2GB (23 hours of TV) of data according to the package they buy.
- A special 3G plan for pre-paid customers has been released at Rs 350 a month for 500 minutes of talk time (local and STD) and 150 MB of data.
- Existing Tata customers can try 3G without shifting from 2G by forking out Rs 200 for 200 MB or Rs 500 for 650 MB Data.
- Five separate plans for 3G data services, or dongles, for laptops and other devices have also been launched.