The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has renewed their contract with Yatra.com. This would mean that users can continue to book their train tickets using Yatra.com.
The IRCTC is biggest ecommerce site in India and provides millions of users with eTickets for the Indian Railways. Yatra will continue to offer train bookings at a added premium.
Yatra.com has also rolled out yet another exciting and unique scheme for their customers making their rail travel bookings on the website. Under this offer, a customer can avail a discount of Rs. 1000 on any domestic hotel of his or her choice just by booking his rail travel on Yatra.com.
Everyday over 1.2 million people travel across India through 7000 passenger trains, and booking tickets online is one of the most convenient way. IRCTC will continue to offer tickets through the portal irctc.co.in.
Last year’s CAT exams were marred by problems due to glitches in the system, thanks to Conficker and other worms, however it looks like they have made the necessary amends to hold error free online tests this time around.
According to Press Trust of India (PTI), The second phase of CAT 2009 will be conducted on January 30 and 31, 2010 as conveyed by Satish Deodhar the conveyor of CAT-2009.
CAT 2009, was held from November 28th 2009 to December 8th 2009, however, the important entrance tests were marred by system glitches, which was shameful, considering that CAT is one of the most important exams in India.
Prior to 2009, CAT exams were written tests, however, they decided to hold online tests in 2009, which resulted in the problems. Candidates who could not appear for their exams will be notified by January 10th 2010 about the new dates and centers.
According to the CAT, Indian Institutes of Management website, the following candidates will be scheduled for a test in the second phase of CAT 2009:
- those who could not take the test due to planned or unplanned closure of their test lab and were not rescheduled later in the first phase. (This does not include voluntary no-shows.)
- those who were rescheduled but could not appear for the test because of notice period of less than 48 hours.
- those who were rescheduled but could not appear for the test as they were rescheduled in a city different from their original choice.
- those who pressed the End/Quit button within the first 120 minutes during the first three days of the testing window and have not been rescheduled yet. (If a candidate in this category chooses not to take the rescheduled test, then his/her score from the first phase of testing will be retained.)
- those who completed the test in more than 140 minutes of clock-time* due to computer disruptions. (If a candidate in this category does not appear for the rescheduled test, then his/her score from the first phase of testing will be considered null and void.)
- those who completed the test in 136 minutes to 140 minutes of clock-time* due to computer disruptions would have an option to take the rescheduled test. (If a candidate in this category does not appear for the rescheduled test, then his/her score from the first phase of testing will be retained.)
- those who experienced difficulties due to various kinds of disruptions such as frozen computer screen, blank screen, and data/graphic elements not displaying properly; identified through site reports recorded at the test labs and have not been rescheduled yet.
We advice you to bookmark the CAT site to keep track of the latest updates.
Quite sometime back I had told you about a fake Shah Rukh Khan profile on Twitter, well here is some real good news for his fans. The real Shah Rukh Khan is now on Twitter, thanks to his friend Karan Johar.
Shah Rukh Khan apparently joined twitter following on the insistence of his friend Karan Johar (@kjohar25). There have been a few tweets from his account, and he already has around 3,700 followers for his account. You can too follow Shah Rukh Khan on twitter @iamsrk.
Other Bollywood Stars on Twitter Include
- Karan Johan – @kjohar25
- Priyanka Chopra – @priyankachopra
- R Madhavan – @ActorMadhavan
- Neil Nitin Mukesh – @NeilNMukesh
- Shahid Kapoor – @shahidkapoor
- Anupam Kher – @AnupamPkher
- Jugal Hansraj – @jugalhansraj
- Celina Jaitly – @CelinaJaitly
- Mahesh Bhatt – @MaheshNBhatt
- Preity Zinta – @realpreityzinta
- Vivek Oberoi – @vivek_oberoi
- Ram Gopal Verma – @rgvzoomin
- Lara Dutta – @DuttaLara
- Konkona Sensharma – @konkonas
- Rahul Khanna – @R_Khanna
- Mallika Sherawat – @MallikaLA
- Imran Khan – @1mrankhan
- Sonam Kapoor – @sonamakapoor
- Dino Morea – @DinoMorea9
- Uday Chopra – @udaychopra
Internships are a good way to start learning about the work you will eventually do at a latter stage in your career. Many companies offer both paid and unpaid internships to help young students from colleges to learn the trick of their trade, with many eventually retaining good talent permanently in the company.
However, finding internship jobs is not easy as many of them are not publicized widely, and a search on Google can often lead to unwanted sites.
10 Internship is a new Indian startup which focuses on aggregating internship jobs across India, and producing it in a neat and non obtrusive interface.
So if you are looking to find Internship jobs in India, head over to 10 Internship and see the listings for your local state or city from India.
Well, a bit off topic, I am a guy who actually realizes and asks others to appreciate something which is created by an individual, forget about an enterprise, so you might have understood already that my views here are particularly not biased towards anyone or any organization.
Let met talk about Proto, an event which showcases Indian startups, but does not care about people who promote them. It is definitely not the first time I have been going after them, but honestly, I don’t even feel like dealing with them, leave aside writing about them.
However, when they were starting up, so were we, and I did try to promote them and like them failed at it. Yes, we were not as famous as we were back then, but they asked me to promote them and I did the job for them without even asking a single penny. Last year they forget about us? Why because we were not able to promote them when they were growing?
This year, we are big, so I get three different emails from 3 different people from Proto to promote their event. Like heck, I am doing it with this post, but I am not certainly not saying you attend their event, they will probably forget about you once they are a bit more famous.
I hope to stay one step ahead of them so that they contact me every year and I can entertain them and decline them.
Have fun at Proto, if you can.