I had earlier written about how you can transform your Windows XP to look like Windows Vista and how to get Windows Vista sounds for Windows XP. Though both those tricks would make your Windows XP look and sound like Windows Vista you would still manually have to install each and every software.
Vista Transformation Pack is a software bundle that makes the task easier for you. You simply have to download and install the software and it will automatically transform your Windows XP to look and sound like Windows Vista.
Vista Transformation Pack is pretty safe and is widely used by a number of users who do not want to make the switch to the expensive Windows Vista platform.
Features of Vista Transformation Pack
- Boot screen
- Welcome Screen / Logon Screen
- New msstyles files (visual styles)
- New desktop and file icons
- New toolbar icons
- Progress Dialogs
- Sounds scheme
- System Tray icons
- New Wallpapers
- Windows Media Player Skins
The latest released version 8 of the software have quite a few changes from the earlier version.
- Added CPU Speed information in Welcome Center
- Added installation background
- Added “System optimized” in Setup Configuration to configure the user account corresponding to machine’s spec
- Added TrueTransparency 0.8.5 (Glass border with ported AeroStyle skin)
- Added WinFlip 0.42 (Vista 3DFlip)
- Updated ViStart to build 2661
- Updated ViOrb to version 2.0
- Updated VisualTooltip to version 2.2
- Updated Welcome Center to pre-configure user account with system optimized option on the first run in that user account
You can view all the changes made to version 8 of Vista Transformation Pack here.
To get more information about the latest release visit the Windows X’s Shrine Forum post.