Have you ever accidentally closed a word document without saving it? Yes, we have all been through those typical OMG situations.
However did you know that there is a way to recover unsaved word documents, or create a provision to automatically backup documents?
Microsoft Word 2007 and above has an option to setup auto recovery of documents.
Go to the Word option (Microsoft Word 2007) from the word menu and navigate to Advanced tab, you will find various unchecked boxes, now check Always create backup copy then Allow background saves that will help you to recover files automatically in the future. The backup of word files are saved with .wbk extension.
In addition to that you can also recover documents from temporary file locations, here is where you might want to look at.
- C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Word
- C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp
Don’t Forget to Check Out Some Free Alternatives for Microsoft Office And Tips and Tricks for Office
- Free Microsoft Office Alternatives
- Free Microsoft Word Alternatives
- Free Microsoft PowerPoint Alternatives, Presentation Software
- 7 Awesome Alternatives To Microsoft Word
- How To Recover Unsaved Word Documents?
- Free DOCX and XLSX Viewers
- Get Classic Menu in Office 2007 & 2010