Earlier today, Google launched a new social networking service called Google+. Google+ is Google’s latest service in the social networking segment and will compete with the likes of Facebook and Twitter.
In the past, Google has little success with some big projects including Google Buzz, Google Wave and even their recent +1 button. However, just like Gmail and Google Music Google tries to build interest in their services by keeping it as invite only.
Most of the services Google launch are made available in US first, just like the invites for Google Music. Similarly, Google+ is also invite only right now and you can apply for an invite directly.
From the looks of it, this one definitely looks interesting.
Update: Google+ is now open to everyone with a Google+ account, please visit https://plus.google.com and sign in with your Gmail account to get access to Google+.
Update 2: Don’t miss out on some really good articles on using Google+ along with several other editorials we have written for you.
- Google Plus For Dummies: Setting it Up For The First Time
- Google+: What It is And How it Works [Screenshot Tour]
- Everything+: How Google+ Changes (And Will Change) The Social Landscape [Editorial]
- Google Offers Virtually Unlimited Storage on Picasa Web Albums for Google+ Users
- Bring Facebook Like Looks to Google Plus and Bring Google Plus Features on Facebook
- Google Plus After One Week: Can it Challenge Facebook? [Editorial]
- How Do You Define Google Plus?
- GoogleMinus Tells You Who Removed You From Google Plus Circles
- Update Google Plus through SMS
- Google Plus vs Facebook Funny Images