The uTorrent speed can be optimized. This will help you do faster downloads while using uTorrent. Follow the simple configurational tweaks below to get your job done.
NB : Prior to doing any configuration changes please note down the values of the entries that you are changing .
- Open your uTorrent.
- Now go to Options > Preferrences.
- Now the window that opens, select Connection in the left pane. Now do the settings as shown in the image below.
- Now similarly go to the Bandwidth tab in the left pane. Now put the values as shown below.
- Now in the left pane select the BitTorrent tab & follow the image below.
- Click the Queueing tab in the left pane & do the following changes in the right pane.
- Now in the Scheduler tab uncheck the Enable Scheduler option.
- Now click Apply and enjoy faster download.
If you have a router
- Press Windows key + R. Type cmd & hit enter.
- Now type ipconfig in the resulting window and press enter.
- Note down your ip address and your default gateway that shows up there.
- Now open your default browser & type in the default gateway in the address bar & hit enter. A login panel will open both the fields are generally set to admin by default.
- Beneath Applications’ fill out one line for every p2p client that is used.
- You have to use ip address, the correct port range and set either tcp or udp.
- You can find ports in the actual p2p client’s settings. Those are editable, but be sure to make them same as in the router.
- Most p2p apps needs tcp & udp both checked, make sure of it from the FAQ..
- Save your settings.
For applying port forwarding for uTorrent consult Port Forward.
Some configurations that are shown here are applicable for my own personal bandwidth. Check your own bandwidth here.
On the ending note, I must mention that not all the settings will be applicable for you or may be the values will differ a bit. But those settings are the most common & works well with most of the lot, so lets hope it works with you too.