Flash animations can be annoying at times and many of them use voice to alert users about something like Congratulations, you have just won a iPod, now when you are in a office these animations and sounds can put you into a spot of embarrassment.
If you are a Google chrome user like me, there is no easy way to block flash animations, however a user script called BlockFlash Plus will allow you to block Flash animations in Google Chrome. You can play the animations by clicking a button on the flash object.
BlockFlash Plus Features
- Based on the BlockFlash and FlashBlock scripts.
- Supports both Flash and Silverlight
- Uses two methods to block Flash and Silverlight elements to ensure they are blocked
- Uses an icon to cover animations (complete with mouse-over effect)
- Supports whitelist (add url to "var exclude")
- Runs instantly.
This is a userscript, so the installation is a bit different, if you do not know how to use userscripts in Google Chrome read our tutorial to Enable Userscripts support in Google Chrome.