Electronic Entertainment Expo, aka E3 is here. For a gamer/gaming enthusiast, E3 is one of the most sought-after events in the gaming industry. Events at E3 often define new trends and tantalize gamers with a preview of what can be expected in the near future. The big 5 – EA, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony and Ubisoft – each have their own press conferences to demonstrate their products and keynotes.
Most of the major keynotes and demos will be livestreamed, below is the schedule. ( all times mentioned are in PDT, do click on the time to get the time in most major places) :
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
- 09:00: Nintendo Media Briefing
- 12:00: Sony Media Briefing
- 14:00: Microsoft Xbox 360 Demo (Possibly Natal ?)
- 14:40: Ubisoft Demo
- 15:00: Crysis 2 Demo
- 15:40: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
- 16:00: Madden NFL 11
- 16:20: Sony Move Demo using Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
- 17:00: EA Sports MMA
- 17:20: Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood
- 17:40: Halo: Reach
Where to watch the livestreams
A handful of sites are livestreaming the events – including YouTube which has tied up with IGN in providing an E3 channel. Gamespot will have a live streaming camera as they move across the E3 floors and across keynotes. If both the sites are not available, you could also check out G4TV’s live streaming option. Some more live streaming options have been covered in our prior post, so do have a look if these sites are timing our or causing problems.
What to watch pre-E3 ?
If you can’t wait for E3 to start, here’s some great videos and resources to check out which should keep you busy till E3 starts:
- Battlestar Galactica Online
- Crysis 2
- DC Universe Online
- Dead Space 2
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Devil’s Third
- F.E.A.R. 3
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
- Gran Turismo 5
- Mafia II
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
- Mortal Kombat
- Killzone 3
- Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
- The Agency
- Transformers: War For Cybertron
What to expect from E3?
Here’s a list of some of the big publishers’ lineup for E3:
- Microsoft will officially debut, demo and name “Project Natal” at E3 ( as of now, Natal is still a codename).
- Sony’s page mentions “new games and hardware” revealed. Is this is a reference to the PSP2 ?
- The Last Guardian is most probably one of the most anticipated games of E3. Little is known about this game, apart from a brief video shown at last year’s E3. Wonder what’s in store ?
- Valve has confirmed a “big surprise” for E3 2010, which will be in-place of the existing E3 event that was Portal 2 screening. What will it be?
This year’s E3 boasts of a killer lineup. I can’t wait for the press conferences to start. What’re your expectations ? Do post a comment and let us know!