Duke Nukem Forever is the byword today for anyone born twenty or more years ago. We at Techie Buzz cannot get enough of it with good reason. May will be a tumultuous time for the release of many games as the Duke will be back after a very f***ing long time!
To make sure people are roped in, Gearbox is putting up the Collector’s Edition of Duke Nukem Forever for preordering. To call it hugewould be an understatement.
The edition includes these excellent goodies along with a copy of the game and exclusive cover art:-
- Collectible bust of the greatest alien ass-kicker of all-time
- Numbered, limited-edition certificate of authenticity
- 100-page hardcover book: The History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
- Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
- Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
- Duke Nukem Forever collectable comic book
- Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
- Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
- Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
- Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice
All this for a game that heightens the macho typecasting by a few thousand feet. (Straight from TVTropes Duke’s not slowed down by piddling little bullets and lasers, but it does hurt his morale. Which is why doing manly things like getting drunk, [redacted], watching strippers, or drinking from a water fountain gives the bar a permanent increase.)
Oh, and in case you were wondering the preorders will be up with participating retailersvery soon. Probably tonight. Probably in two minutes. But soon.