Atomic Games had wanted to do something exceptionally new with Breach. The game was extremely realistic, allowing players to destroy the enemy’s cover before killing him/her. This war of attrition and destruction was enhanced by the use of match defining gadgets like the M79 grenade launcher and perks that allowed for halving of recoil forces.
Sadly though, the initial release of the downloadable game (priced at $19.99) was marred by bugs. The game had quite a few crashes, many inconsistencies and that gosh darned lag. For a game that was meant to be a high octane shooter a sudden crash just as you were going to bag your dominating headshot can be quite irritating.
However, the developers have released a bug fix that should go out for all owners of the game. The inconsistencies fixed in this update are:-
– All known crashes fixed
– Many fixes to reduce lag
– Online game performance improved by more than 33%
– Bug that caused Sole Survivor games to end in draw fixed
– Bug that caused invisible canister in Retrieval games fixed
– Bug that caused Vendetta icon to appear incorrectly fixed
– Server Browser can now sort by number of players
– Server Browser can now be manipulated with mouse scroll wheel
– Fixed bugs related to Friendly Fire settings
– Better ability for a game with lag to recover when bandwidth improves
Also, the game now has a generous 60 minute demo on the Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA):-
Breach now offers a full 60 minutes of playing time for free, and all demo clocks have been reset so all players can master the game’s unique Active Cover and Destruction capabilities. This is one hour of destruction in convoy, sole-survivor, hardcore and any of the modes on any of the maps. Improving the game even further, this update reduces lag significantly.
Soâ€¦ what are you waiting to breach?