- with a purchase of Dragon Age 2, of course. (You knew that there was a catch, did you not?). The folks at Bioware have put up a new scheme for April where a purchase of Dragon Age 2 and registration with Electronic Arts (EA) will get you the download code for Mass Effect 2.
Here is how to go about it:-
To qualify and get your Mass Effect 2 PC download code, please follow these steps before April 30, 2011 at 11:59pm PDT:
- Purchase your copy of Dragon Age II (if you do not already own one).
- Activate the Online Pass content that came with your copy of Dragon Age II (The Black Emporium).
- Start the game and log in using your EA Account or create a new EA Account.
- Visit http://social.bioware.com/me2offer/ and log in with that EA Account.
- Enter your Online Pass code and click “Submit”. You will then be provided the code for Mass Effect 2.
- Open the EA Download Manager and enter the code to commence download (if you don’t have the EA Download Manager installed, it can be found here: http://www.ea.com/1/download-manager)
NOTE: Please allow 72 hours between time of online pass activation and submitting your online pass code on http://social.bioware.com/me2offer/.
Quite swell, isn’t it? However, as Sathya in a moment of intelligence and wit that could not have possibly been his () said this of the offer somebody at Bioware needs to be shot. Most of the players of Dragon Age 2 are also Mass Effect 2 players. In fact, if Bioware was trying to get newer players to its epic franchise in the science fiction end of the spectrum, it should have given a free download code for the first Mass Effect game.
Perhaps that will come too, eventually. For now, follow the instructions and get a free copy of Mass Effect 2 if you already do not own it.