Marvell today announced the world’s First 1.5 GHz Tri-Core Processor which delivers Dual Stream 1080p 3D Video for Smartphones and Tablets, the Marvell ARMADA 628. The ARMADA three-core processor offers ultra-high performance on mobile devices. It incorporates a number of advanced processing and power management features. The tri-core processor provides superior performance and lower power over dual-core designs and ensures a richer, faster and smoother experience as compared to any other ARM-based processor.
Marvell has once again set the benchmark for the rest of the industry with the world’s first 1.5 GHz tri-core processor, delivering dual stream 1080p 3D video and 3D graphics performance with quad unified shaders for 200 million triangles per second delivered on ultra-low-power, long battery life smartphones and tablets,said Weili Dai, Marvell Co-founder and Vice President and General Manager of Marvell Semiconductor’s Consumer and Computing Business Unit.
This is important because today’s consumers expect robust enterprise and consumer applications delivered to the palm of their hands. Marvell is uniquely equipped to lead this mobile revolution as the semiconductor industry’s one-stop shop solution provider. This is an example of Marvell’s unique ability to take a diverse cutting edge technology portfolio and integrate into differentiated solutions to give our customers game-changing advantage,said Weili Dai.
Key Features of Marvell ARMADA 628:
- World’s first “tri-core” application processor
- Up to 1.5 GHz for the two main cores and 624 MHz for the third low power core
- “Heterogeneous multiprocessing” with “hardware-based Cache Coherence”
- 1 MB System Level 2 Cache
- Platform leading multimedia capabilities, including support for both WMMX2 and NEON acceleration
- Member of the ARMADA family of processors for easy software porting
- 1080p dual stream 3D video applications (30 FPS, multi-format)
- Ultimate 3D graphics performance with quad unified shaders for 200 million triangles per second (MT/s)
- High performance, integrated image signal processor (ISP)
- Ability to project images on multiple simultaneous displays
- 2 LCDs, 1 HDMI, 1 advanced EPD controller
- Peripherals support: USB 3.0 Superspeed Client, MIPI CSI, MIPI DSI, HDMI with integrated PHY, UniPro, Slimbus, SPMI
Marvell Armada 628 is already available for available for sampling to potential customers. To learn more, head over to this page.