While Kindle from Amazon has established itself as an eBook reader, there are many other trying to follow the suite. Now, there’s a new eBook reader in the market; BeBook Neo reader. While it does not offer 3G connectivity unlike Amazon’s Kindle, but what it does offer is Wi-Fi connectivity. It runs on a 532MHz Freescale processor and a 1600mAh Li-ion battery but weighs just about 298g. It comes with 512MB internal memory which can expanded upto 16GB via a SD card.
The Neo features the latest WACOM touchpanel technology, which provides a very fast and more natural reading experience. The touch screen allows you to use your BeBook Neo for sketching, annotations and text mark-up; ideal for educational and business purposes. It can read popular formats like ePUB, PDF, HTML.
- Access eBook stores worldwide
- Wireless connectivity
- Unique paper-like display, read anywhere, anytime, even in bright sunlight
- Long-life battery, one 3-hour charge will last 7.000 pageturns.
- Your entire bookcase on one BeBook Neo
- Use it anywhere: at home, vacation, study, work, travel or any other place
- Sketching system: create and save notes or scribbles
- Add annotations, erase or save them
Though it offers some unique features, I doubt I would buy it at $299.00 (excl. shipping) when Kindle is priced at just $259.00 (incl. with Super Saver Shipping ). You can Pre-order it from here.