Many of you may be aware about appraisals which are held on a periodical basis in companies and also about Resignations where a worker voluntarily leaves the company to join another.
Here is a funny comparison on Appraisal vs Resignation.
Failures vs Strengths
- In Appraisal meetings, they will speak only about your weakness, errors and failures.
- In Resignation meetings, they will speak only about your strengths, achievements and success.
- During Appraisals, you may need to cry and beg for even a 10% hike.
- While Resigning you can demand for more than 60-70% hike.
- During Appraisal, they will deny you promotion saying you didn’t meet the expectation, you don’t have leadership qualities or did not complete a given term.
- During Resignation, they will say you are the core member of team; you have to take the project on your shoulders and lead the project to success.
- There is 90% chance for not getting incentives after an Appraisal or almost no chances of going on-site.
- There is 90% chance of getting on-site opportunity after Resignation.
So what are you Appraisals vs Resignation moments? Do let me know through your comments :-).
This post was cross posted from my personal blog.