Welcome to another edition of Friday Fun. Working on large software development projects can be quite demanding, especially if you have a deadline to meet. During this demanding period, it is a common practice among developers to unleash their creativity (and also let off steam) through code comments.
Users at PreCentral.net have managed to locate quite a few snarky and amusing comments present in Palm’s webOS code. While they aren’t as insane as the ones spotted by Codeulate (warning: NFSW), they are amusing and interesting in their own geeky way. While one developer labeled users as “slimy ******* users”, another revealed the time constraints he was working under. Here are some of my favorites:
- // This should not happen
- // Every time you call this, somewhere a kitten dies
- // this is weird
- // Finally remove any remaining scripts to avoid any evilness they may bring
- // TODO: Peter will fix this
- // On the offchance that the user hits the ‘minimize’
// before we finished capture … slimy ******* users.
- var depressed = false; // spot the pun!
- // hide all buttons and plead for patience.
- //TODO: this is not a great user experience, but will get the job done given the time constraints.
// A preferable solution would be to add a spinner while the account is being deleted or send the
// user to the accountpreferences assistant and invoke the Remove Account button.