On June 10, the fourth maintenance release of the KDE Software compilation was released to the users. Being a maintenance release, KDE SC 4.6.4 does not bring any new features but has a lot of bug fixes from KDE 4.6.3.
What has changed in KDE SC 4.6.4?
Before we get on to the how-to-upgrade part, let us take a look at some of the important changes in KDE SC 4.6.4:
- Do not allow invalid file names while renaming a file using Dolphin.
- Better password handling for accessing remote servers using Dolphin.
- The Folderview Plasmoid works correctly when dragging a file from Ark.
- The KDE music player JuK has also received a number of bugfixes including better tag editor, better handling of the column width etc.
- A bug which causes the notification window to slide out of screen instead of creating a new one has been fixed.
For all the bugs fixed in KDE SC 4.6.4, you can take a look at the changelog.
Upgrade To KDE SC 4.6.4
KDE Software Compilation 4.6.4 is now available for Kubuntu users. It is a safe upgrade for anyone using KDE SC 4.6.x and it is recommended that users upgrade their KDE installation to this version.
Right now it is available only for Natty (Kubuntu 11.04) users. So, Natty users can upgrade to KDE SC 4.6.4 by following the steps given below.
Open the Konsole and add the Kubuntu Updates PPA.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa
Then update the software list and upgrade your system.
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade