The first Ubuntu
Ubuntu Warthy Warthog was the first Ubuntu and we can take a walk down the memory lane with this video of Warty.
The announcement statement of Warty Warthog said,
The warm-hearted Warthogs of the Warty Team are proud to present the very first release of Ubuntu!
Ubuntu is a new Linux distribution that brings together the extraordinary breadth of Debian with a fast and easy install, regular releases (every six months), a tight selection of excellent packages installed by default and a commitment to security updates with 18 months of security and technical support for every release.
You get a distribution that is:
- absolutely committed to free software, every end-user application on the CD is free software
- 100% free of charge, and the Ubuntu team is committed to keeping Ubuntu free of charge
- security updates for the distribution at no charge for 18 months for any release
- updated to the latest desktop and kernel and infrastructure every six months with a new release
- supports x86, amd64 and ppc processors, with additional ports under way
I still remember when Karmic Koala came out and Ubuntu completed five long years of delivering a great operating system.