Ubuntu 10.10 “Maverick Meerkat” has finally entered the beta stage. And, as usual, along with Ubuntu its other official derivatives have also entered the beta stage.
Here are some of the changes with the download links:
(Warning: This is not a stable release and is meant for testing only.)
- The desktop environment has been updated to GNOME 2.31.
- Shotwell is now the default photo manager.
- Gwibber has been updated with OAuth support. It has also received some in the back-end to improve its performance.
- The Software Center has an updated look with new “Featutes” and “What’s New” sections.
- The Ubuntu One desktop integration has been polished.
- The sound indicator now includes the music player controls.
- Unity is now the default interface.
- Global Menu bar is included by default.
- Shotwell is the default photo manager.
- Evolution Express is the default Email client.
- Desktop & Netbook ISO have been merged.
- Plasma Netbook uses global menu by default.
- The Desktop Environment is KDE Software Compilation 4.5.
- Bluedevil is the default Bluetooth stack.
- Rekonq is now the default web browser.