After the release of Moonlight 2.0 about a year ago, Moonlight 3.0 is well on its way with the announcement of the availability of the seventh preview of Moonlight 3.0.
Moonlight is an open-source implementation of Microsoft’s Silverlight for Linux and other Unix based OS.
The Preview 7 of Moonlight brings about a lot of new features although they need some polishing:
- Roughly API complete to SL4.0 beta. Next preview will be API compatible with SL 4.0 RTW.
- Video capture support, but support for pixel formats is sparse.
- SSE2 fast paths for gradient fills in the embedded pixman/cairo, this improves performance significantly as some people seem to have discovered the use of gradients.
- Fixes for chrome support and to curl bridge.
- Several html bridge fixes.
- Element to element binding.
- Client HTTP stack
- Cascading styles are now supported
- New right-click dialog.
You can get Moonlight 3.0 Preview 7 from http://go-mono.com/moonlight/prerelease.aspx.