Mandriva 2010.0 features the release of the new KDE version 4.3.3 and is codenamed Adelie. It also features a Gnome 2.28, OpenOffice 3.1.1 and uses the 2.6.31 Linux kernel. In short, it has all the latest stable releases of all popular packages.
Mandriva, popular for its hardware support, boats installation on all systems ranging from regular desktops, to laptops and even on the Asus Eee PC and Acer Aspire One. The new features of Mandriva 2010 are:
- New wallpapers, which change with time of the day, four new themes and customizable bootsplash.
- KDE 4.3, with an improved KWin and more effects.
- Amarok 2.2 final release for KDE users.
- A new lightweight Air theme for KDE.
- Gnome version 2.28 with Webcam support for live streaming.
- Empathy replacement for Pidgin, which features video and audio chat.
- Epiphany browser for Gnome now uses Gecko instead of Webkit engine.
- Moblin environment for netbooks.
- Firefox 3.5 with html5 support.
- OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 with anti-aliasing of charts.
- A new and updated VirtualBox.
- The Phoronix test suite, which is an excellent benchmarking tool for Linux.
Apart from these new features, Mandriva 2010 has also improved in terms of boot performance. For download and more information, visit this page.