Linux Mint developers are proud to announce the release of the Xfce version of Linux Mint 8. This latest release features the lightweight Xfce desktop environment and has most of the nautilus features in built.
Based largely on Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, the Latest Release from Mint team has been built upon Xubuntu. This ensures it has all the features present in Xubuntu and maybe more.
- The Software Manager has been redesigned. This new software manager allows for displaying more content. Moreover, the package cache is updates automatically and the package size and installation status is also shown in this new Software Manager.
- The earlier Upload application mintUpload has been divided into a File Uploader and an Upload Manager. The upload manager allows different transfer protocols like FTP, SFTP etc.
- Firefox has the stylish add-on inbuilt.
- The Mint tools branding has been removed to make this tool available and usable across other distros.
- Mint is using its own repository for Community Edition packages.
You can check the Linux Mint 8 Helena Xfce release notes for a complete changelog.
Linux Mint 8 Helena Xfce supports both torrent and http download. The download link can be found on this official announcement page.