Today, the first update to the KDE Software Compilation 4.5 has been released as KDE SC 4.5.1. KDE SC 4.5.1, codenamed “Cronjob” is just a bug-fix release, so there is no new features or any drastic changes.
This release is meant to improve the stability and the user experience. There are a number of bug-fixes with this release. Some of the notable ones are:
- The bug which caused KArchive to crash on extracting large files have been fixed.
- The bug which caused Dolphin to crash when switching from column view to another has been fixed.
- The regression which crept in KDE SC 4.5 which disabled KWin Desktop Effects with some browsers has been fixed.
- KRunner now displays file search results by tag correctly.
- Plasma no longer crashes when changing the layout of panels.
For the complete changelog, you can go here.
This is a safe upgrade for everyone who is using KDE SC 4.5 and upgrade is recommended.
It is not available for Kubuntu as of now. I will update as soon as it is available.