A few days back, we wrote about the release of KOffice 2.2 and promised that we will tell you as soon as it is available for installation in (K)Ubuntu. Well, the Kubuntu Community has just announced that KOffice 2.2 is available for (K)Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx.
KOffice 2.2 is currently available in the lucid-backport. To enable the lucid-backport, you have to check the “Unsupported Updates”. Here is how to do it in Ubuntu and Kubuntu:
For Ubuntu 10.04
- Go to System -> Administration -> Software Sources.
- In Software Sources, go to the tab Update.
- Enable Unsupported updates.
For Kubuntu 10.04
- Press ALT + F2, to bring up the KRunner.
- Type “software sources“. You will probably get Software Sources even before you have finished typing it. Click on that.
- Go to the tan Updates and enable Unsupported updates.
After enabling the lucid-backport, open the Terminal, or Konsole in Kubuntu. Then execute the commands given below:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install koffice
Before, we finish here are a few screenshots: