Ambiantastic is a theme for Ubuntu made by swordjr. It is basically a modification of the Ambiance theme, which is the default theme of Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx. In Ambiantastic, the polished Ambiance theme has been given a generous helping of orange color to brighten it up. The orange might put off some people, but in my opinion it looks simply fantastic.
So, if you want a new bright theme, try the Ambianstastic Theme.
Download Link (Download Ambiantastic (Ambiance III) and the Wallpaper)
If you know how to install themes in Ubuntu, go ahead enjoy the new theme. If you do not know, here is how to do it:
- After the download has finished, go to System -> Appearance.
- In the Appearance window, go to Themes and click on Install towards the bottom right.
- In the Selection window, choose the theme you have just downloaded and click on open. At the time of writing this article, it is called 127730-Ambiance III.tar.gz.
- Now the theme should be installed.
- Tthe theme is named Ambiance III here, not Ambiantastic. So select Ambiance III.
- If you have downloaded the wallpaper too, change it from the tab Background.
- Close. Now you should have the new theme and the new wallpaper.