Over the last 12 years I have been using Windows the only thing that I have not seen change is notepad, it has been as it is for so many iterations of Windows. So as a developer, I have always had to rely on other editors to get my job done.
TinyEdit runs out of the box and does not require any installation and supports several formats and syntax highlighting for PHP, CSS, HTML, Java, Java Script, VB Script, XML, Perl, Python, Ruby, C#, SQL, Tcl/Tk, GW-TEL Scripts, UNIX Shell Scripts, Semanta DD, Standard ML, Vrml97/X3D, AWK Scripts, MS-DOS Batch, C/C++, COBOL, Visual Basic, Pascal, Modula-3 and Fortran.
- Powerful and easy to use
- Syntax highlighting for more than 26 scripts
- Multiple document interface
- Unlimited undo/redo capability
- Text can be automatically word-wrapped
- Line number, Powerful search and replace
- Only one executable file (no need install)
- Freeware for both personal and commercial use