Antivirus software are usually used to protect your computer from threats, however, after using an Antivirus for a while you might decide to remove it completely, either due to not being satisfied with it, or because the trial period for it ended. Whatever the reasons, sometimes Antivirus software are stubborn and don’t have straightforward removal tools. I did encounter one such issue while removing ESET from the computer.
Here are some Antivirus removal tools which will allow you to completely uninstall popular Antivirus software from your computer. A big thanks to The Windows Club forum for the putting up these tools.
- Kaspersky : KAVRemover will help you to remove all Kaspersky Labs products. Download KAVRemove.
- McAfee : McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool can help you cleanup all versions of McAfee products. You will need to uninstall McAfee before using this tools
- Symantec (Norton) : Norton products can be removed using the Norton Removal Tool.
- NOD32 : Use the NOD32 Removal Tool to remove NOD32, if this does not work, follow instructions to completely remove ESET or NOD32 from your computer.
- F-Secure : Un-installation support and tool.
- Panda : Panda Uninstaller.
- Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Suite : Support & Knowledge Base. For Trend Micro AV try 32-bit | 64-bit.
- Avast : Use their un-installation utility aswClear.
- AVG : AVG Uninstaller.
- Avira : Avira AntiVir Registry Cleaner Tool will help you clean up all the registry entries left by this anti-virus software after the un-installation.
- BitDefender : Uninstall BitDefender
- CA Internet Security : Knowledge document and uninstaller.
- ZoneAlarm Remove ZoneAlarm using ZoneAlarm remover.