Royal Pingdom is one site which can come up with some really cool stuff, including analysis of huge amounts of data. So when I came across a post called Google facts and figures, I just sat down to see what interesting things I could learn about Google.
You can view the infographics at Royal Pingdom, but here are some highlights of the research put up by them.
- Google gave 1.8 million shares to Stanford Univ to license PageRank, which were later sold in 2005 for $336 million.
- 620 million visitors visit Google.com daily.
- 97% of Google Revenue comes from their advertising services.
- Google processes 20 Petabyte of information daily.
- As of December 2009, Google’s assets were valued at $40.5 billion
- A new Google employee is called Noogler, and later transitions to be called a Googler.
- Google has a total of 19,835 employees worldwide out of which 37% are in sales and marketing and 37.5% in research and development.
- 45% of Google products are in beta.
- 20 hours of videos are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- Google Chrome now has a 5.22% market share.
- There are about 146 million Gmail users.
- 57% of the top 10,000 websites use Google Analytics to track users.
Phew, that was quite a lot of information. Some of these facts are really new to me, what about you?