Google just released the latest version of Gmail for mobile renamed as Gmail for mobile 2.0, the latest version definitely has quite a lot of improvements and is much more faster than then earlier one. I downloaded the application on my N95, and I must say that it is really worth switching to the latest version.
Here are few screenshots taken on my N95.
As you can see from the screenshot, there are few visible changes including keyboard shortcuts and support for multiple accounts. Here are the list of features that has been rolled out in this version.
- Overall performance improvement: You should experience significant raw speed improvement, smoother scrolling, and no freezing.
- Multiple accounts management: If you have both a Gmail and Google Apps email account, you can easily switch between them quickly. You will no longer have to use two different mobile apps to access personal and work emails.
- Multiple mobile email drafts: You can save multiple email drafts in your mobile phone, so that you can pick and choose what you would like to send later.
- Powerful shortcut keys: If you have a QWERTY phone, you can use shortcut keys. Hit ‘z’ to undo, ‘k’ to go to a newer conversation, and ‘j’ to go to an older conversation.
- Basic offline support: Can’t get a signal? Not a problem. You can compose and read your most recent emails even when there is no signal. Also, any outgoing messages will be saved in the outbox on your phone and sent automatically when you’re back in coverage.
Overall a awesome update, do download the latest application to get full benefits of Gmail on the mobile. Just a note that you will have to delete the older application before you install the new one.
Visit http://m.google.com/mail on your cellphone to download Gmail for Mobile 2.0.